"equipping healthy women - nurturing hurting women"
Many women in Oklahoma are stressed and struggling due to challenging life issues from family responsibilities, work and financial problems, trauma, child care and the increasing rates of domestic violence, sexual abuse and poverty.
Did you know that Oklahoma is ranked as the third hardest place in North America for girls to grow up?
Here are some startling OKLAHOMA STATISTICS for women:
- 1 in 6 women is a victim of domestic violence
- Among the leading states for reported incidents of child abuse
- Highest female-incarceration rate in the country
- 5th highest rate of teen pregnancy in the nation
- 2nd highest divorce rate in the nation for women
- Oklahoma women earn only 75 cents for every dollar men earn
- Single women head nearly half of all poor families in Oklahoma
- Fewer than 1 in 7 young women complete 4 years of college
These issues are so massive and complex that most of us shake our head at the statistics and do nothing. Mostly because we don’t believe we can really make a difference.
Together, we can make a difference – one life, one relationship at a time through mentoring.
Our founder Carolyn Brown explains,
“As godly women of faith we feel a calling to come alongside our sisters to support them in reaching the calling and purposes that God has for their life. We do this through emotional and spiritual encouragement, personal support,
prayer and meeting practical needs.”
We invite you to join us in our mission to encourage and build up one another. You can become a mentor and share your life to strengthen another woman, or you can get a mentor to help you work through a variety of life issues. Click on the buttons below to learn more.